There are 400 million children in India.
35% of the population is living on under $1 a day.
One in every ten children is disabled in India.
1 out of every 6 girls does not live to see her 15th birthday.
Every sixth girl child's death is due to gender discrimination.
28% of girls are abused between the ages of 8 and 12.
There are approximately 2 million child commercial sex workers between the age of 5 and 15 years and about 3.3 million between 15 and 18 years.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Anita


Anita likes all things American! She wants to know every detail about flying on a plane: is there a restaurant, how do you brush your teeth, can you walk around? As I'm describing it I think it sounds more like a health spa than a trans-atlantic flight in coach.

Anita is in class 5 (6th grade) and her favorite subject is English. She hates Hindi class - but she did well on her mid-term exam last Friday. She likes the color red and she wants to go to America and France. Patti - her personality is a mini you!

3 Comments:

Blogger patti said...

I WANT HER! I WANT HER!!! Have her write me a note etc...we can be trans atlantic buds!!! WOW! She sounds divine!!!! You are so funny Kim, I just laughed and laughed!!
MUAH!

12:41 PM

 
Blogger patti said...

Anita is a little Diva...that is my name for her!!!! Tell her American friend thinks she is LOVELY!!!

7:56 AM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Finally! A picture!!! She looks like an angel. She loves English? Sounds like an incredibly intelligent child.

I remember how fascinated the kids in Ukraine were with my camera and cell phone. I thought one little boy would go through the roof when he asked how much the camera cost and I translated it into gryvnas. We live in different worlds. But regardless of the material differences, God has called us to the same thing. Matthew 19:23-24 "Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." How distracted are we in our world?

9:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home