There are 400 million children in India.
35% of the population is living on under $1 a day.
One in every ten children is disabled in India.
1 out of every 6 girls does not live to see her 15th birthday.
Every sixth girl child's death is due to gender discrimination.
28% of girls are abused between the ages of 8 and 12.
There are approximately 2 million child commercial sex workers between the age of 5 and 15 years and about 3.3 million between 15 and 18 years.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Layover 1

That flight might go down as the worst ever. (It's only leg one, I should watch what I say!) The man sitting next to me was far too friendly, the call button for the row in front of me was stuck ringing for the first two hours of the flight, and there was a peculiar odor the entire way. We were delayed at the gate 45 minutes before backing away and the turbulance at times was very frightening. But I'm here, the weather is absolutely beautiful, and I'm going to go see the city. I was fortunate to find a last minute room directly across from the Marble Arch in Hyde Park for mere pennies. (Thank goodness - no hostel!) L - I'll give Harry your best & B - this is a far better place to be!

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I would officailly hate you right now if you weren't my best friend!

6:52 AM

 
Blogger patti said...

HOORAY! I woke up at like 2 am again and was praying for you! HOW MUCH FUN you are going to have today! Throw a penny in a wishing place for me (not that I believe in it but if we ever get preggers it would be a great story..."your aunt Kim threw a penny in the....") xoxoox love you P

7:18 AM

 
Blogger patti said...

Hey Mrs. Houck,
This is your prayer group...well....at least Jessie and Michelle and we are going to be praying for you this morning. Jessie is eating her face out (as usualy) and Michelle is placidly eating...these two girls....Jessie says..."WE SMACKED THEIR BUTTS!!!" (in reference to the game Thursday night!) So on to state they go! xoxoox love you, Jessie and Michelle!

7:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home